Moreton is situated in the heart of South Dorset, approximately 7 miles east of Dorchester.
Our aim at Moreton Equestrian Centre is to provide a high quality livery service as well as run friendly events.
Events as of 18th March 2020.
All MEC events are cancelled or postponed until at least 16th April 2020. This is in line with the latest statement from British Dressage and British Showjumping which can be found on their respective websites.
Later today (18th March ) I will email all those entered into this weekends events and give you options for refunds or transfer of entries with a year’s limit!! I am hoping that I will have more information on potential rescheduling of the cancelled events and will let you know by email. We thank you all for the kind messages of support you have been sending in and we hope you all stay safe and look forward to welcoming you back at Moreton in the not too distant future.
Please bring your passport for vaccination checking when you arrive on site. We have been on 12months for all events apart from BE. From 1 Dec 19 all events run under BD rules will be following British Dressage rules, an excerpt of which can be found below. Please check which rules the event you have entered for is running under and if you have any queries please email the office – email@example.com.
Vaccination Rules from British Dressage Handbook wef 1 December 2019:
Equine Influenza Vaccination
To protect the health of the other competing horses and the biosecurity of the venue, a valid passport must accompany the horse to all competitions and be produced on request. Failure to comply is a disciplinary offence and will debar the horse from competing at the event for which it has been entered. A horse will not be permitted to compete unless it has a current vaccination against equine influenza which complies with the following conditions:
• An initial course of two injections for primary vaccination, not less than 21 days and not more than 92 days apart, are required before being eligible to compete.
• A first booster injection must be given between 150 and 215 days after the second injection of primary vaccination.
• Subsequent booster injections must be given at regular intervals of not more than 12 months, commencing after the first booster injection.
• The most recent booster injection must have been given within six calendar months +21 days prior to the horse competing.
• The full course or booster must have been administered at least seven days before arriving at the competition.
The vaccination record(s) in the horse’s passport, must be completed, signed and stamped line by line, by an appropriate veterinary surgeon (who is neither the owner nor the rider of the horse). For those competing under FEI rules, please refer to FEI rules. The responsibility to comply with this rule lies with the competitor, who should consult with their veterinarian.
Please keep up to date with the current guidelines found on www.aht.org.uk and www.bef.co.uk – Horses – Horse Health and Biosecurity.
PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR PASSPORTS WITH UP TO DATE VACCINATIONS AND PRESENT AT SECRETARY BEFORE MOUNTING OR COLLECTING NUMBER.
Dates for your diary in 2020
1st to 3rd May / 31st July, 1st & 2nd August
– Times are available the WEDNESDAY before the event by calling 07780694535 between 2.30 – 5pm. If you are unable to call for your time within the given times please text after 5pm only and we will reply as soon as possible.
We run under BD rules for all our dressage competitions, if you have queries regarding the new rules please refer to the BD website.
Times for Unaffiliated Combined Training and Dressage are available two days before each event between 3-5pm or on this website.
Moreton EC Conditions of Entry Terms. Please read the Conditions of entry prior to entering our events, these will be updated throughout the season.
You can enter all our events at www.equoevents.co.uk by clicking the link below.